When it comes to having a good experience as a landlord, developing and maintaining good relationships with your tenants is key. So how do you establish and then maintain good relationships with your tenants? We would love to help you have an incredible experience as a landlord by offering you 5 tips for effective landlord-tenant relationships and communication. These tips are:
- Establish a solid business relationship – the first step in developing a good relationship with your tenants is to establish the relationship as a business relationship where both sides respect each other and appreciate what the other person brings to the table.
- Communication is key – communication is massive in maintaining good, healthy relationships with your tenants. Having open and direct communication is vital for maintaining good relationships with your tenants. It is also important that you find out what form of communication works best for you and your tenants. Not all of your tenants will communicate the same way. Establish what works best and stick with it.
- Keep things professional – because your tenants are making payments directly to you, your tenants are essentially your customers. It is extremely important that you as a landlord provide high-quality customer service to your tenants in the same way that you would if you owned a business and wanted to maintain good relationships with your customers. The way that you show value, respect, and honor to your tenants are going to be key in how they will show value, respect, and honor to you as a landlord.
- Be flexible – all of your tenants will have different schedules, different lifestyles, and different forms of communication. This requires flexibility.
- Follow through on your end of the relationship – how you respond to the cares and concerns that your tenants bring to you in regards to your rental homes or apartments is important in maintaining good, effective relationships with them. If your tenants feel like it is an inconvenience to you to put effort into taking care of something that is essentially your responsibility, they could not only lose respect for you as a landlord, but they could lower their standard of care and concern for the rental home or apartment. Your tenants will mirror the standards that you set as a landlord in value, communication, professionalism, availability, flexibility, and commitment.
If you are a landlord who wants to establish and maintain good connections and relationships with your tenants, but you feel you do not have the capacity to do it as far as how much time, attention, and energy it takes, we have good news for you! We can help manage your relationships with your tenants for you. We as property managers will handle conflict-resolution between you and you tenants as well as respectful, open, and direct communication. If you feel that it would be a better investment to hire a property manager to take care of these critical tasks for you, Authority Property Management has experience doing property management in Redding and Shasta County. If you want high-quality property managers in Redding who carry a high value for providing great customer service, don’t hesitate to call us at 530-410-6085.
Share this post with a friend!