Reasons for using an expert for window coverings in your rental properties go way beyond price alone.
The first thing that comes to mind is child safety. According to the United States Consumer Safety Commission, from 2012 to 2017, there have been 50 fatalities reported to CPSC that were related to window cord strangulation among infants and young children.
As window covering professionals, we know that attaching cord hold downs and cord cleats are the utmost of importance to both your liability as well as ours, CPSC recommends that you replace corded window coverings with cordless ones to prevent this deadly hazard.
If you are unable to switch to cordless window coverings, follow these safety tips:
- Educate your tenants to keep cribs, beds, furniture, and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Make sure that tasseled pull cords are as short as possible.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children. Eliminate any dangling cords.
- Check that cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit the movement of inner lift cords.
- Continuous-loop cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
After December 15, 2018, products that consumers can pick up in a retail store or order online as ready-made will not contain hazardous cords if the product is compliant with the ANSI/WCMA A100.1-2018 standard. Consumers should look for window coverings that comply with the new voluntary standard.
A STRONG WARRANTY
Quality Window coverings with a strong manufacture warranty will ensure you are not replacing bent up or broken blinds and shades every time a tenant moves out. Our warranty even covers products when damaged by the consumer due to neglect or abuse. This saves you time and money when unforeseen issues arise.
EXPERT FIT AND MEASURING
All window coverings fit differently from product to product and vendor to vendor. Professional consultants expertly measure your windows to ensure your window coverings are fabricated and installed to the best fit and finish possible. Additionally, professionally trained installers work to higher standards than the average “handyman.”
If myself or someone in our office can answer any questions for you. Please give us a call at
Budget Blinds of Redding.
Share this post with a friend!