Has your water bill been off the charts lately? Are you wondering how you can conserve some water and reduce your monthly water bill? As property managers in Redding who have over 20 years of experience helping landlords manage their rental properties, we would love to help you save money by offering you six suggestions on how you can best conserve water.
1. Turn your tap water off – We use tap water for a lot of things: washing our hands, rinsing our dishes, brushing our teeth. And most of the time, we let the water run when we are brushing our teeth as well as when we are scrubbing the dishes or our hands with soap. Turning the tap water off while you are doing these things is a big way that you can conserve water.
2. Fix any leaks that you may have – having a leak in your rental house or apartment can cost you big time when it comes to using and paying for water. A leak will literally leak water non-stop until you get it fixed. It’s basically the same thing as slightly leaving your faucet on all day. Fixing any leaks you may have as soon as possible is another great way that you can conserve water.
3. Take shorter showers – According to care2.com, older shower heads can use up to 5 gallons of water per minute. So if you like to take 20-minute showers, that is a lot of water going down the drain. You can save a ton of money and water simply by cutting your shower times shorter.
4. Wait to run the dishwasher until it is completely full – Running half-loads of dishes can add up to gallons of water that are being wasted. You can save on water by making sure your dishwasher is completely full before you run it.
5. Go to the car wash instead of using your own water to wash your car – This one is pretty straightforward. While going to the car wash may cost you a few bucks, you will actually save a lot more money, and water, in the long run, if you do that instead of washing your car at home.
6. Get a rain barrel – if you live in a place where it rains often, you can conserve a lot of water and save a lot of money by getting a rain barrel and letting it collect rainwater, and then using that rainwater to water your plants or garden rather than using the water hose from your house or apartment.
If you would like more information as to how you can best conserve water and reduce your water bill every month, feel free to give us a call at Authority Property Management! We have experience doing property management in Redding and all over Shasta County and we would love to help you in any way we can! Give us a call at (530) 410-6085.
Share this post with a friend!